Wednesday, February 10, 2010

Can I file for false harrasement charges?

I have a neighbor from you-know-where and am in the process of moving out. She has been evicted but it takes about 90 days and Im not willing to wait for her to leave. I had to call the police on her the other evening for beating her child and a loud party in the middle of the night, they had a scanner and turned off all the lights just seconds before the police came and closed their windows, the cops did nothing. 3 days later, An officer showed up at my door and said my neighbor filed a harrasment charge against me because I called the police and the other night I was standing on the side of my house. I asked him if that was it, and he said yes. I told him I did not think any of those things were illegal he said he had to investigate all claims. I said well I will call the police if there are disturbances and I will stand outside my house quietly when I want to, so write my ticket now officer. He of course didnt. Can I file charges against her for false harrasment claims?Can I file for false harrasement charges?
You need to take a deep breath and think about some things, you are just guessing about some things you didn't see. How do you know she beat her child ? Was she on her lawn ? You didn't see the black eye incident, I doubt they were listening to a scanner during a loud party. There is more going on here than what you say, calling the cops once doesn't make you guilty of harrasment, something else is going on.Can I file for false harrasement charges?
You should take it up with the apartment complex. Continue to call police ONLY when it's a legitimate legal reason, not out of sheer cattiness. Good luck!
I think the cops should file harassment charges because they have to deal with both of you morons.
get on with your life..





BTW stay away fro my neighborhood please
I understand your frustration. It's a bunch of bull to have to put up with rowdy moronic neighbors, I know. But...the best solution is to let it go. People like this think only of themselves. They did not heed the warnings obviously of the landlord so they were evicted. Filing disputes now would do nothing but fuel the neighbors plight to make you more miserable. This isn't what you wanted to hear I know, but ending up in court costs money/time %26amp; stress and that is what will happen and nothing will get solved. All the neighbor has to do is blare her music, make a bunch of noise at 4 am in the morning and when the cops show up all she has to do is say '; It wasn't me, it was my company';, and this will continue if you ruffle her feathers too much. Best thing to do is lay low and pretend it doesn't bother you until she leaves. This is all from experiance.
Yes, you can do whatever you want. Will you be successful, no. will it make you look petty, yes. will it make things easier at home? no! I used to run a large appartment complex and you have crap like this ALWAYS. learn to cope, get along. Thats all the cops can say. The more times you call em the more you'll just be ';that crazy neighbor lady'; and have you thought that maybe the next people will be worse? thats usually the case. tennants like you are never satisfied. Ironicly people with similar problems and attitudes to what you are havinghere... are almost ALWAYS late with rent. I'm sure you'll hate my response but its honest as I can be. grow up. bad neighbors are a part of life and its easier to mend a relationship and make it livable than it is to replace them with new people because you'll find more faults with the new person. gah! I don't know why I am wasting my time.
i have no definite answer, but it should be possible. maybe you could ask the police to not put on their siren when they come round to answer your call? maybe you could see if their was other witnesses or make sure someone else is around to see. i am not definitely sure if you can file the charges, it depends what country. if i was you i would (if you can and feel comfortable to) talk to your neighbor and ask her nicely if her parties could be a little quieter. don't get angry, if you stay clam and she gets angry at you she will have no reason to charge you. i think any police should realize that these harassment charges are stupid and you probably wont be accused. i think they probably no matter how ridiculous the charge, have to file it because they have not investigated the story enough. good luck and i think you deserve proper rights!!!! :)





i think you should talk to your apartment guy who runs it and discuss it. remeber that if they are beating their child frequently call the child beating people.

No comments:

Post a Comment