Monday, February 8, 2010

Has anyone else had trouble with overcharging or false charges on their credit card with Days Inn Motels?

During a rushed trip to Florida for a funeral, I made reservations for four nights at a Days Inn. I was given incorrect information for the location of the services and discovered it during my drive from Ohio. I called to cancel the reservation about 18 hours later (4:00 PM on the day of the scheduled arrival) and ended up talking to the manager who insisted on charging me for not cancelling more than 24 hours before arrival. As it turned out it was too late to cancel before I even made the reservations. The hotel wasn't sold out and they didn't refuse anyone because of our reservation. After all of this I was charged for TWO nights at $125.00 per night when we didn't stay there at all. I have registered complaints with the Days Inn and contested the charge with American Express but the hotel hasn't contacted me. What is the best way to contest the charge? Supposedly the reservation conversation was recorded but they won't respond.Has anyone else had trouble with overcharging or false charges on their credit card with Days Inn Motels?
I used to be a Days Inn ';Travel Rewards'; member. I spent more time fighting to get credit for the nights I did spend there than it was worth. Every time I did try to redeem the points for the ';FREE NIGHT'; the points never seemed to add up and one time when it did they charged my credit card anyway. Most of the Days Inns were older motels with poor attempts at remodeling. A few of them weren't too bad but even the nicer ones had ';that smell';. I don't stay there anymore. Of course, if every place else is sold out it works as a last resort, literally. Gee, I wonder why they seem to still have rooms available...LOLHas anyone else had trouble with overcharging or false charges on their credit card with Days Inn Motels?
yes I had also that problem becouse I look so young.

No comments:

Post a Comment