Wednesday, February 10, 2010

Can i file a lawsuit against a bank if they lied on the phone and keep false charges, lowering my creditscore.?

I signed up. Cut the card as soon as it came. They sent me a bill a day before the payment was due for a 30 dollar undiscussed annual fee. I called, and was told specifically I would NOT have to pay this fee if i cancelled the account at that time. Which of course i did. Now months later im still getting credit reports telling me im being charged by this bank which is piling up pretty large by now and of course any attempt at calling these people is met by denial. This is killing my credit score and I can't get a loan even though i have plenty of assets to borrow against. This bank records there calls at the call center so there is record somewhere of an employee lying to me, but i feel like it would be gone by now and it would be hard to find or get ahold of legally even if i knew where abouts it would be. Can i file a suit? I'm considering this to be published slander as it directly negatively changes facts about me and I am sure there are a few other laws being broken here. This bank has paid millions before for screwing around with the dates on bills getting themselves more late fees and such. Is it reasonable to say that I can possibly file for an equal ammount to the loans I have been denied for based on this banks actions. I just don't want to get squashed by this mammoth corporation simply because i can't afford legal fee's for the next 10 years.Can i file a lawsuit against a bank if they lied on the phone and keep false charges, lowering my creditscore.?
Court will probably get you nowhere. You can call a lawyer but without money there isn't much too many will do for you. It sounds like an awful lot of trouble for $30. If 30 bucks is ruining your credit score then why not just pay it and chalk it up to another lesson learned? I understand the principle of the matter, believe me, but at the same time you're the one reaping ALL the repercussions here - can't get a loan or replacement credit card and your credit score is going down the drain!





The bank will be impossible to work with right now due to the economy. I know you're fed up but maybe you should try to resolve this with them directly. You can also try disputing this with the credit reporting agency - can't say they'll do anything either but it's certainly worth a try as frustrated as you are. A letter to the Better Business Bureau couldn't hurt while you're at it....Can i file a lawsuit against a bank if they lied on the phone and keep false charges, lowering my creditscore.?
probably check with a lawyer
if you never used the card or activated the card then yes you may file not only a law suit but you should first contact better business bureau.


Which is your cheaper faster solution.





I still recommend the BBB, I would also call and demand to talk to a supervisor not the first person who answers the phone, explain to them how bogus these charges are and that you NEVER used the card NEVER activated the card all they have to do is check, explain that you ripped the card up when it reached you and that they need to remove all these charges immediately, next step if you call the credit agency that they are filing these ';late'; fee's with you can put in a complaint against the charge - they will remove it and investigate it.
Can you prove that they told you that? If not then you are sunk.
The banks are lowering everyons score rite now due to the bad economy some stuff that they might have let you slip by before without you knowing and now they are going back to fix all that to save themselves money
You can not sue for the damage to your credit score. If you paid the fee, you could sue for the amount you paid.
you should ALWAYS get stuff like this in writing otherwise you will be screwed 99.9% of the time.
  • hack myspace
  • No comments:

    Post a Comment