Thursday, February 4, 2010

What happen if I get charges for using false ID to purchase drink underage?

I got charge for using false ID and purchasing drink underage as stated above. I got ticket but its my first offense. I have to go to the court what is the worst that can happen?What happen if I get charges for using false ID to purchase drink underage?
You would most likely be charged for underage drinking and identification fraud which are both felonies in most states.





Follow-up: If your ticket says a misdemeanor, why did you ask us?What happen if I get charges for using false ID to purchase drink underage?
First off, underage drinking is not a felony under any circumstances. Using a fake ID can be, it depends on the state it was used in as well as the state that the fake ID is ';from';.





The maximum penalty for a misdemeanor of the first degree is usually 180 days in jail (which the judge can suspend) and a $1000 fine, but seeing it's your first offense you wont likely get either. If it's an M2 M3 or M4 then the maximums even less.





Talk to an attorney, most offer free consultations. They will be able to tell you more, as the laws differ from state to state. You may even be offered a diversion program so that it doesn't go on your record.





I wouldn't be too worried about it, you'll likely pay a fine and be put on probation. Possibly community service, but I would talk to a lawyer before entering any kind of guilty plea.
Typically using a fake ID is a felony.
  • hack myspace
  • No comments:

    Post a Comment