Monday, February 8, 2010

In Ohio, if pulled over under false charges can I be charge with anything after that?

[Serious answer only please and stupid ones will be ignored.]


What had happened is I was driving home from work, I was pulled over after taking an alley way, the cop said I was pulled over for going down a one way alley.


He then found out that I was under a suspended license and had no insurance, my car was impounded.


The alley had no signs saying one way, I have videos and photos showing there are no signs for when I appear in court.


Yes, I understand I shouldn't have been driving but I need a to be able to get back and forth from work, there is no transport after 9 here and I get off at 12.In Ohio, if pulled over under false charges can I be charge with anything after that?
If you can prove what you say, the Exclusionary Rule applies. This means any evidence obtained by illegal means is inadmissible in court.





The case law on this is Weeks v. United States and Mapp v. Ohio if you want to research it more.In Ohio, if pulled over under false charges can I be charge with anything after that?
It depends on the situation.





If the alleyway truly isn't one way, then the case will probably be dropped since the officer didn't have a valid reason to stop the car (unless you also had an equipment violation).





However, if the alley is truly one way just not posted or poorly posted, then you will be found not guilty of that and everything else will stick.
You can give it a shot and see what happens, however the exclusionary rule is grounded in the Fourth Amendment and it is primarily intended to protect citizens from illegal searches and seizures.


The exclusionary rule was intended to prevent the police, in their sometimes over zealous attempts to solve crimes, from violating the civil liberties of American citizens. I have never heard of the exclusionary rule being used in defense of a traffic violation unless the stop resulted in a subsequent search of the vehicle/operator at which time evidence was seized. this could go either way.
You are driving with a suspended license and no insurance? Thats an automatic arrest. Take a taxi and stop making excuses.
Its doesnt matter why you got pulled over, it matters that you were well umm Im not typing it out you already stated the obvious lol yeah you F'ed yourself pretty good! Enjoy!
Sorry, you're sh!t out of luck.
  • hack myspace
  • No comments:

    Post a Comment