Monday, February 8, 2010

Need legal help! Troubled teen makes false charges!?

She is confirmed on drugs (took her to a facility to check) and she is mad, and is accusing my boyfriend of supplying her with pot at one point, but he doesnt do drugs and her whole story is filled with holes. So she told the wrong person her fake sob story and now the child protection services are at my door.... will they arrest my boyfriend just on her word???? She is 17 BTW. Do the cops throw a person in jail and ask questions later?Need legal help! Troubled teen makes false charges!?
They will probably question your boyfriend based on her accusations and may get a search warrant. Because child protection is at your door, is it your daughter? or his?





Unfortunately it can turn in to a big mess. Years ago my god daughter (15 at the time) was living with me and my boyfriend. She accused him of molesting her and also included me in her story (I found out later).





Because he ended up in jail and couldn't afford an attorney, he plead guilty to a lesser charge. I on the other hand with help from my parents was able to get the charge of felony child endangerment against me dismissed. However it cost me my job and child protection found me civilly guilty so that is on my civil record for 10 years and I can't adopt or foster children because of it.





After my boyfriend plead guilty I found out what she had said in her statement and none of it was true. She went on to a foster home where she started screwing around with a 32 year old guy for cigarettes and then screamed rape.





Just be honest and have your boyfriend be honest. If they have or get a search warrant, let them search. It should work out fine. My situation was a lot more serious and that little b**** probably took down a whole lot of other good people since. This was back in 2001.





Stay calm and tell the truth, that's the best you can do. I believe they need more than her word to get an arrest warrant. Her word is not enough for probable cause, they need proof that he has the pot; or other witnesses to come forward. Don't panic!





Let me know how it goes okay? Feel free to email me if you need to talk. I know how frustrating it can be.





Blessings,





~MNeed legal help! Troubled teen makes false charges!?
You can never gauge how a particular organization will act but.... the child protective services HAS to make investigations into complaints, even if the complaint is completely false (there are thousands and thousands of false complaints each year). There is the possibility that the police may get involved and my advice to you is be as cooperative with both agencies as possible. If they want to search your home, allow them, as the more obstructive you are the more guilty you look. In actuality, the child protective services have more power in this situation and will generally direct the investigation of the police. There can be no arrest without evidence therefore the police would need cooroborating evidence. And no, the police do not throw you in jail and ask questions later, see above statement.
They won't throw him in jail based on the word of this girl. They may however, come around to question him.
No good deed goes unpunished. Next time let the kid go to hell their own way.

No comments:

Post a Comment