Monday, February 8, 2010

What can I do legally when false charges have been made?

I have been the caregiver for my dad for almost a year who is currently suffering from Alzheimer's disease. Yesterday an Adult Protective Service Investigator came to my house and told me that she was there to investigate a claim about the mistreatment of my dad. I have come to find out that my dad's son from a previous marriage, who is 16 years older than me, whom I have met twice in my entire life, who my dad just started communicating with because he just found my dad, who lives across the country, called my state's Adult Protective Office and made some claim against me. WTF?? He knows nothing about me and doesn't even know anything about my dad's condition. He knows that my dad has money and I believe he thinks my dad left everything to me. I told the investigator that she was going to have to come back another day when I had time to talk to her. She said she has to interview my dad in private and then me in private and she will bring the police if she has to. What can I do? Any suggestions? I've contacted an attorney but the lady will be back in a couple of days. It doesn't seem right that someone across the country can make a claim like that when they don't know crap about anything going on in my household. There has to be something I can do. This is completely ridiculous.What can I do legally when false charges have been made?
If you haven't done anything, then there shouldn't be any proof saying you have. Just don't worry too much. If you're innocent, the evidence will support that.What can I do legally when false charges have been made?
you really don't want me too answer this one?
While I'm sure it feels ridiculous on your end these people are just doing their job. If it was someone else watching your father and you found that they were treating him inappropriately you would want them to step in. So while you are hurt and angry trust that these people have been doing their job long enough to come to the right conclusion.


Be honest and cooperative in their investigation, it will go on whether you want it to or not and resisting is probably just going to make you look bad.


Do to your fathers condition he could be mixing up stories and truly have told his son these things or it could be made up as you mentioned. I would get documentation from his doctor attesting to is condition and habits or ask that the investigators speak with his physician regarding his individual case and diagnosis.


Oh and a prayer never hurt.
  • hack myspace
  • No comments:

    Post a Comment