Sunday, February 7, 2010

Worried about false charges?

So, I got together with my boyfriend during the summer when I was sixteen and he was eighteen. I did not tell my parents about my relationship because I knew they would overreact. Recently, they found out and my dad has claimed that he has reported my boyfriend to the police because he believes that we are in a sexual relationship. I have no idea what he told the police. However, my dad has no strong evidence and we have not had sexual intercourse nor do we plan to anytime soon. Can I still be with my boyfriend or can charges be pressed against him?Worried about false charges?
Fenix is incorrect, 18 isn't the legal age everywhere. In NY for instance, when you're 17 you can sleep with anybody you want to as long as they're 17 or older too. But since you and your boyfriend aren't even having sex, there isn't a freaking thing anybody can do. My Wife was 16 and I was 18 when we met, her family attempted to get us to stop seeing each other too. But we didn't have sex until she was already of age, so they couldn't do crap. Now we've been together for 8 years, married for 5 and we don't speak to either of her parents, haven't for years. If you're in love, don't let anybody try to tell you that it's wrong.Worried about false charges?
It depends on what state you are in. In some states, a sexual relationship would not be illegal. In others, it would. There would have to be evidence of your having had sex, of course. If you've not had sex, I'm not sure what that evidence would be.





So, I think you're going to be okay. You can look up the age of consent in your state and be a little more informed.
I understand by law your boyfriend could be 4 years younger than you or 4 years older than you And it still be considered legal..You are age 16 and Your boyfriend is Age 18 there not much the police can do And there is not much your dad can do either ..By law


a 4 age difference of older or younger of two couples in a relationship is legal
well until you are 18 you don't really have a choice as to what you can do. just suck it up and wait to your 18. and about the charges, will he get charged? most likely not

No comments:

Post a Comment